Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
What is Craniosacral therapy?
Craniosacral therapy is a very gentle hands-on body therapy that uses light forces and specific holds to release blockages within the bodily tissues. The circulation of cerebrospinal fluid around the brain and spinal cord creates a subtle pulsation (expansion & contraction) that is palpable to the trained hand.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventative health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease and is effective for a wide range or medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
Carol Provins comes to CST after 12 years of Physiotherapy experience and is exploring the healing properties of this gentle, touch therapy.
How can CST help me?
Craniosacral therapy is helpful for those suffering from:
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Motor coordination impairments
- Central Nervous System disorders and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Stress and Tension-related problems
- Fibromyalgia, Connective-Tissue disorders
- Learning disabilities including ADD, ADHD, OCD and Autism