Relaxation and detoxifying the body
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Massage also helps relieve symptoms from the following conditions • Anxiety • Digestive disorders
• Insomnia related to stress
• Myofascial pain syndrome
• Soft tissue strains or injuries
• Sports injuries
• Temporomandibular joint pain
Massage therapy may help the body in many different ways. It can relax muscle tissues, which can lead to decreased nerve compression, increased joint space and range of motion. Massage can also help improve circulation which enhances oxygen and nutrients into your muscle cells and help remove waste.
Fun facts about massage
• There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin, and 3000 in a finger tip
• Healthy touch can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure
• In 1996 massage therapy/bodywork was officially offered for the 1st time as s core medical service in the olympics in Atlanta
• Touch and massage stimulated the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killer
• A 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of sleep to your body
Our local physiotherapists recommends at least one massage a month to relax your muscles and detoxify. Book your 1 hour, 1.5 hour massage, or massage package with Jazmin by calling 780-417-1799