Tips for a better SLEEP
1. Avoid screen time two hours before bed. The blue light wakes your body up and suppresses melatonin production.
2. Keep your room as dark and as cool as possible.
3. Avoid eating 3 hours before bed. Digesting food is work for your body and will greatly reduce the quality of your sleep.
4. Getting early morning sun exposure is an essential way to synchronize your circadian rhythm.
5. Drink less alcohol. People aged 45+ can experience a rebound insomnia. The alcohol will first relax you, but when it wears off the brain will wake up and affect your sleep.
6. Exercising daily will tire the body and increase the amount of deep sleep.
7. Keep a steady rhythm. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Your body will thank you.
Sometimes we need help to sleep well.